Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baby got BACK...and biceps.

Here's a rundown of what I do once a week to target my back and biceps!

Cable curls: 4 sets of 10 each arm

Hammer curls: 2 sets of 10, 2 sets of 8 each arm

Bent over barbell rows:  4 sets of 10
-Bend at the waist keeping the chest up and forward, with a slight bend in the knees. Hold the bar with your hands about shoulder width apart and pull up towards your chest, keeping a tight core.

Single arm dumbbell rows (over bench): 2 sets of 10, 2 sets of 8 each arm
-Hold dumbbell in right hand with right palm turned in towards left side of body, place left hand (and knee if desired for additional support) on bench. The right leg should be slightly bent. Pull right arm up until dumbbell reaches chest height, then lower and repeat.

Back extensions w/ weight: 4 or 5 sets of 10



Pull ups: 8, 6, 5, 4, 3...(decreasing assistance each set)
-Assistance can be given manually from a partner, with a resistance band under your feet (anchored in place in the squat rack), or using an assisted pull-up machine. I prefer the resistance band method!

This workout takes me about 45 minutes when resting for 35 seconds between sets and 2 minutes between exercises! Most of my lifting workouts are about 45 minutes long, I rarely go longer than an hour because I monitor how much rest I'm taking pretty well with my Polar watch/heart rate monitor.

Hope you all have fabulous workouts today!
♥MK

No comments:

Post a Comment